Saturday, November 29, 2008

Angelo's Drafts Part II

We are going to look once more at Jerry Angelo's draft picks, this time at the 3rd pick in each draft since '01:

OG Mike Gandy - He played a while, don't know if he was good. Do these guys have to fight over #69?









OG Terrance Metcalf - Same with him. I think he was ok. I want a friend like Jurko who can tell me if offensive linemen are good.








LB Lance Briggs - Picked #68, Great Pick.






WR Bernard Berrian - At his best maybe a B+ for a while.










QB Kyle Orton - Still unproven. Half a season is as far as Rex usually made it too. Don't tell me about ten games as a rookie. Did you see those games?












DT Dusty Dvoracek - Too soon to say, maybe he's good?









RB Garrett Wolfe - Always will be thought of as a reach at #93, arguably a bust.












WR Earl Bennett - Hasn't made it on to the field yet.











Does Angelo deserve his reputation for late round steals? I think it was the Hester pick that gave Angelo that rep, but I don't see a lot of brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment